By Irene Klotz CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (Reuters) - In a scene right out of Star Trek, a Texas company is developing a 3-D food printer for astronauts to create custom meals on the fly. With support from NASA, the firm, Systems and Materials Research Corp of Austin, intends to design, build and test a food printer that can work in space. "This project is to demonstrate we can create and change the nutrition of the food and be able to print it in a low-gravity environment," the company's research director and lead chemist, David Irvin, told Reuters. ...
Trusted science news from around the web from many reliable sources.
By Irene Klotz CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (Reuters) - An automated telescope monitoring the moon has captured images of an 88-pound (40 kg) rock slamming into the lunar surface, creating a bright flash of light, NASA scientists said on Friday. The explosion on March 17 was the biggest seen since NASA began watching the moon for meteoroid impacts about eight years ago. So far, more than 300 strikes have been recorded. ...
When April and Bryan Gionfriddo brought home their newborn son, Kaiba, in October 2011, he seemed like a healthy baby. But one night, when the family was out to dinner, Kaiba stopped being able to breathe and turned blue. Bryan laid Kaiba, just 6 weeks old, on the restaurant table and performed chest compressions on him before he was rushed to the hospital.
- Science News: Elusive Animals Caught on Camera in China
- Science News: See Jupiter, Venus and Mercury Dance in Sunset Sky
- Science News: Google Maps Gets a 'Face-Lift'
- Science News: Elusive Pandas Caught on Camera in China Habitat
- Science News: Fungus Among Us! Body's Microbes Mapped
- Science News: Rare View of Ancient Galaxy Crash Revealed
- Science News: Baby Neanderthal Breast-Fed for 7 Months
- Science News: Moon Crash Scene Investigation Tonight: See Telescope Views of Meteorite Impact
- Science News: Mars Meteorite May Fetch $160,000 At Auction
- Science News: Could Science Hatch the Perfect Fake Egg?
- Science News: High-Tech Shopping: Meet the Future of Retail
- Science News: Russian Space Ark Returns Animal Astronauts to Earth, Some Mice & Gerbils Die
- Science News: Moon or Asteroid? Congress Debates Best Pit Stop to Mars
- Science News: Did an Abandoned 'Ghost Ship' Disappear?
- Science News: Can Any Buildings Survive Tornados?
- Science News: How Evolution May Help Build Better Robots
- Science News: Normal or Not? When Grief and Depression Mingle
- Science News: Malls Attract Shoppers Looking for an 'Experience'
- Science News: Big Meteor Explosion on Moon Shows Lunar Exploration Risks
- Science News: First Trailer for Sci-Fi Thriller 'Europa Report' Unveiled (Video)