Trusted science news from around the web from many reliable sources.
Male and female dinosaurs may have shared the responsibility of incubating their offspring, but how to determine which parent was involved remains a mystery, according to a new study that re-examines the idea that the brooding behavior of modern birds may predict similar behavior in their dinosaur ancestors.
WASHINGTON —The first humans to live on Mars might not identify as astronauts, but farmers. To establish a sustainable settlement on Earth's solar system neighbor, space travelers will have to learn how to grow food on Mars — a job that could turn out to be one of the most vital, challenging and labor-intensive tasks at hand, experts say.
- Science News: Ice melt, sea level rise, to be less severe than feared: study
- Science News: Weird Skin Color Illusion Can Reduce Racism
- Science News: Caterpillars Morph into Butterflies in Amazing 3D Images
- Science News: Virgin Galactic Hires Former NASA Astronaut as Spaceship Pilot
- Science News: Sunspot Blasting Out Major Solar Flares Will Face Earth Soon
- Science News: Angelina Jolie's Op-Ed: Some Women Are Thankful, Others Lament
- Science News: How Do Wind Turbines Kill Birds?
- Science News: Mount Everest's Ice Is Melting
- Science News: Dogs and Humans Evolved Together, Study Suggests
- Science News: No More FOMO: Fear of Missing Out Linked to Dissatisfaction
- Science News: NASA Beams Up 'Star Trek Into Darkness' to Astronauts In Space
- Science News: Angelina Jolie & Breast Cancer: What Options Do High-Risk Women Have?
- Science News: Warp Speed, Scotty? Star Trek's FTL Drive May Actually Work
- Science News: Mysterious Minoans Were European, DNA Finds
- Science News: Touching the Future: Artificial Skin Isn't Sci-Fi
- Science News: Hubble Telescope Discovers 'Polluted' Dead Stars
- Science News: Was Darwin Wrong About Coral Atolls?
- Science News: Skylab Legacy: Space Station Astronauts Reflect on 40 Years of Life Off Earth
- Science News: 40 Years Later, Skylab Space Station Inspires Possible Successor
- Science News: Hyperactive Sun Fires Off 3 Major Solar Flares in 1 Day