Wed07172019

RobinsPost News Network

+ Larger Font | + Smaller Font

Daily Entertainment News

New To Netflix August 2018

New To Netflix August 2018

Listen To This Article

Netflix is fast becoming the best place to watch new movies and tv shows and while traditional channels are still immensely popular, there's no doubting the range of brand new content available to view is causing mainstream production companies some problems.

New To Netflix August 2018

Netflix will spend $8 billion on new content in 2018 alone, that's up from the $6 billion that they spent in 2017 so the sheer volume of new programmes getting churned out is staggering and every month there is something new to sink your teeth into.

August sees some potential big hitters getting released including:

All About The Washington's - August 10th

Hip-hop icon Rev. Run stars opposite wife Justine in this scripted comedy about one couple's attempts at balancing work, romance, and family chaos. The show is about the fictional Washington family with wife Justine taking an advantage of the opportunity to pursue a career of her own now that Joey is available to focus on raising the kids and keeping the house in order.

Disenchantment - August 17th

A brand new animated series from Simpsons and Futurama creator Matt Groening, Disenchantment is set in the medieval kingdom of Dreamland and follows the misadventures of a hard-drinking princess - Bean, her feisty elf companion Elfo and her personal demon Luci. Given Groening's abilities to turn the everyday mundane into comedy gold, Disenchantment looks like another banker.

The Innocents - August 24th

This is a British supernatural television series that contains eight episodes all of which will be streamed on August 24th. Filmed in Britain and Norway, The Innocents follows a teenage couple who run away to be together but the extraordinary gifts they possess unleashes powerful forces intent on dividing them forever.

Ozark - August 31st

This is the second season of Ozark, the incredibly dark drama about one man's attempt to outwit a particularly dangerous drug cartel (is there any other kind??). Having already moved his family to the middle of nowhere in the Missouri Ozarks, Marty Byrde must launder $500 million for the cartel in exchange for keeping both him and his family alive. Brilliantly played by Jason batman and Laura Linney as his wife.

To All The Boys I've Loved Before - No Specific Release Date

Based on the best-selling novel by Jenny Han, the film stars actress Lana Condor Noah Centineo. The movie follows Lara Jean, whose love life goes from imaginary to out of control when the love letters for every boy she's ever loved, five of them, are mysteriously mailed out. It's pitched as a super sweet teen rom-com, similar to The Kissing Booth so will undoubtedly be another huge hit for Netflix!

Netflix 2018 YouTube Video Playlist

Print Friendly and PDF Share Embed

Related News Stories From The Web And More

Related Bing News

New To Netflix August 2018 | Daily Entertainment News | RobinsPost News Network - Newscast

As Netflix reports earnings, it'll have to answer what comes next after losing some of its most popular shows

Wed, 17 Jul 2019 06:39:00 GMT

... popular shows, "Friends" and "The Office," will leave the streaming service for rivals built by AT&T and NBCUniversal. Still, Netflix has a massive head start, with nearly 150 million global ...

Actually, losing 'Friends' and 'The Office' won't hurt Netflix

Wed, 17 Jul 2019 06:15:00 GMT

If Netflix has a new show that people are talking about (and it really only takes one), then it remains worth the price. That's a model HBO has shown works, as consumers steadily pay $15 a month even ...

'The Witcher:' Netflix shows the appeal of a dark horse (carrying Henry Cavill)

Wed, 17 Jul 2019 03:50:00 GMT

As it leads up to a San Diego Comic-Con presentation centered around new fantasy adventure series "The Witcher," Netflix has revealed a first look at one final, essential cast member: a trusty ...

The Witcher shows first look at Geralt’s trusty horse Roach in new Netflix stills

Wed, 17 Jul 2019 02:31:00 GMT

Netflix has given The Witcher fans a fist look at Geralt of Rivia’s loyal companion, his horse Roach. The highly anticipated series is due to be released at the end of the year with Henry Cavill ...

‘Orange Is the New Black’ Taught Us What Netflix Was For

Wed, 17 Jul 2019 02:00:00 GMT

“Orange Is the New Black,” finishing its seven-season run on July ... When Netflix first started making programming, it wasn’t clear what “Netflix shows” would look like, even to the people making ...

Related Twitter Search

What's a good show on Netflix? I'm trying to get into something new

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:19:34 +0000)

What's a good show on Netflix? I'm trying to get into something new

Calling all #SaintSeiya Fans! To commemorate the premiere of the new Saint Seiya netflix show, I invite you all to create your own #Clothsona! (or, you can always commission me to do it for you) Remember to use the hashtag so I can track them and share them via my IG stories pic.twitter.com/Evfa5A5zI9

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:11:03 +0000)

I badly wanted to see undead Joel huhu Netflix always cancels the good shows what's new

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:03:22 +0000)

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:01:22 +0000)

I just made the horrible horrible mistake of starting to watch the new Taco show on Netflix. Now I want fucking tacos 😓

On July 16, 2019 Piper Kerman, the author who inspired the Netflix show Orange is the New Black, urged lawmakers to pass criminal justice reforms to improve conditions for female inmates. #womeninprison #criminaljustice #women bit.ly/2kioSHx

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:00:46 +0000)

I need some new Netflix suggestions of good shows to marathon that don’t take up too much thinking. Cognitively struggling because of the pain, but I’m so bored just lying in bed all day xD

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:55:17 +0000)

i'm the idiot who does the whole season in one sitting when there's a new season... if you dig FLEABAG check out her show CRASHING on netflix

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:38:54 +0000)

I need a new treadmill show. @netflix @Sling @amazon

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:27:14 +0000)

I need a new treadmill show. @netflix @Sling @amazon

@RickandMorty I can't wait. I hope Netflix shows the new consequences in Austria.

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:25:36 +0000)

Need new shows to watch on Netflix

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:13:59 +0000)

Need new shows to watch on Netflix

Most of you have not watched Netflix's new glass blowing competition show "Blown Away," and it shows

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:57:56 +0000)

been watching a new #Netflix show called #InTheDark about a blind sex-addict chick in Chicago.

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:49:49 +0000)

I need a new show to watch at work. Someone give me suggestions (Netflix, Hulu, etc)

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:36:37 +0000)

Detective Pikachu is first set in the Pokemon Universe which is an anime first, not a video game. Its as if the new Witcher netflix show gets nominated for best video game show when it was first a book series. Doesn't make sense to me.

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:08:41 +0000)

Every time I'm looking for a new show and I see something that's a Netflix original I kinda hesitate to watch it. There's something about how they try to use a formula to make it good that feels weird.

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:06:13 +0000)

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:05:28 +0000)

Netflix has a really good new family show called Family Reunion, if you need a replacement.

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:01:33 +0000)

Which brings up a new concept idea for @netflix show: What if one of the contestants was a serial killer ?

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 11:39:55 +0000)

I watched a new trailer on netflix and saw tyler hoechlin. now ig there’s a new show I have to watch

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 11:28:05 +0000)

I’m a little slow on the whole “what’s new to binge watch” on Netflix so I just came across The Chef Show and I was excited. It’s more than just a cooking show and I have been very much enjoying it!

(Wed, 17 Jul 2019 11:20:34 +0000)